Netflix favorites during the pandemic

Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

What's up everyone! I hope you're all doing well and having a good Monday morning!

The forum has been fairly quiet (aka completely silent) since the COVID pandemic started. Most of our time and attention has been focused on the Facebook Virtual Hub . That said, the forum is still something we believe has a place in the long-term vision for AFS.

With that said, we will be attempting to post here on a more regular basis to see if we can begin re-growing the forum community over the coming months.

For my first post back, I figured we could start with the truly important questions/topics... what you've been watching on Netflix these past 6 months! 😉🤣

I'll list mine below then comment with your own response! Looking forward to getting some good recommendations =)

Favorite 1-2 Netflix series I started since the pandemic began:

Dark & Tiger King

Guilty pleasure:

Rick & Morty (it's on Hulu, but I'm sticking with it) & Cobra Kai

Favorite documentary:

The Social Dilemma (recency bias perhaps but really good!)

Favorite Comedy/stand-up:

Anything from Joe Rogan on there is amazing.

Sawyer Paull-Baird BS CSCS ACSM-EP PN-Lvl1
Agent of Change / Fitness Innovation & Education Coordinator
Tagged:

Comments

• Trent TaylorTrent Taylor Member, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Supernatural and Hanibal

Guilty pleasure:

Hell's Kitchen or anything with Gordon Ramsey yelling at people lol

Favorite documentary:

Take your pills

The Office

• Eileen  McNallyEileen McNally Member, Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

@Sawyer Paull-Baird DARK seriously blows my mind. Chad & I started it but I just can’t wrap my mind around it haha. Hopefully we will finish it though.

Favorite Netflix series I started since the pandemic began: 

Ozark !! Kinda spooky but so good

Guilty pleasure:

Outer Banks!!!!

Favorite documentary:

Down to Earth - my buddy Zac Efron traveling the world... made me feel like I was too!

Schitts Creek always makes me laugh!

Eileen McNally BS, CPT, RYT 

AGENT OF CHANGE

Applied Fitness Solutions Rochester Hills

• Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Dark is A LOT to follow and it gets pretty crazy in season 3. That said, it's worth it in my book. One of my favorite Netflix series ever =). I haven't watched a single one of your shows! I will have to add them to my list.

• Peter SchultzPeter Schultz Member Rank ✭5✭

Favorite 1-2 series I started since the pandemic began:

Chernobyl (HBO), Vikings (Prime/Hulu)

Guilty pleasure:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime)

You know, I actually think Amazon Prime is the streaming service I use the most. If you have Prime and are looking for a new series to watch, I highly recommend The Americans. It was actually on FX, but the whole series is available on Prime. Definitely worth watching!

• Danny GossmanDanny Gossman Member, Administrator, Moderator, AFS Staff admin

I hear everything about Ozark so I might need to give it a shot. I hear that, because I love Breaking Bad, that'd be a solid recommendation

• Danny GossmanDanny Gossman Member, Administrator, Moderator, AFS Staff admin

Re-watched Breaking Bad. Honestly it gets better the second and third time you go through the series.

Guilty pleasure:

Midnight Gospel. It's a wild representation of the things that go through my head haha

Favorite documentary:

The Last Dance!

I'm ashamed to not have listened to any of this. My roommate and his then-girlfriend watched Gabriel Iglesias once and that was pretty hilarious.

• Peter SchultzPeter Schultz Member Rank ✭5✭

You know, I worked my way through Breaking Bad about the time that the series ended, and after watching the whole thing, I decided that I didn't like it 🤷‍♂️ I think I just didn't feel like there was much of a protagonist...pretty much all of the characters were terrible people in some way. I think serious-mode Hank was the only character I really liked.

• Claire WhiteClaire White Member Rank ✭3✭

Bloodline (Netflix) and Friday Night Lights (Hulu)

Guilty pleasure:

90210 (original, also on Hulu)

Favorite documentary:

“the last dance”

friends

• Audrey ThompsonAudrey Thompson Member, AFS Staff, Inward Journey Meditation Group Member Rank ✭2✭

Jane the Virgin!!! I think it's the perfect combination of goofy/funny and drama. I'm not one who can easily start and continue a series, but this one had me hooked....

Guilty pleasure:

A food series called F*, That's Delicious. Lot's of funny food commentary, travel, and good eats. Beware - will make you hungry.

Favorite documentary:

Ahh it's so hard to pick!!! I definitely watch documentaries more than anything else on Netflix and Hulu... I would say the "Explained" docuseries is one of my top favorites. I also just watched The Social Dilemma and it blew my mind.

Taylor Tomlinson's Quarter Life Crisis :) cracks me up every time

• Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Some awesome recommendations! It's crazy how many shows/content there is out there.. I watch a decent amount of Netflix/Hulu/prime Video but I haven't watched a lot of this stuff.. Keep 'em coming!

• Nicole PorterNicole Porter Member Rank ✭6✭

We never had Netflix or Disney+ prior to the lockdown; all we watch is sports and Nicklodeon, and there was ALWAYS some sporting event on for us to watch. The only thing Bill and I have watched together is both seasons of "Aggretsuko", "Frustrated with her thankless office job, Retsuko the Red Panda copes with her daily struggles by belting out death metal karaoke after work." https://www.netflix.com/title/80198505