Options

Introductions thread. Introduce yourself here.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Josh WalkerJosh Walker Member Rank ✭2✭

Hello everyone!!

My Name is Joshua Walker or I usually go by Yesh or if you have a nickname by the time you get done reading this we can go with that :)

A little backstory i'm currently 22 years old with the 23 approaching on February 17, 2020, I am currently on Staff with a non - profit organization called YoungLife and I serve as a seasonal camp counselor for the Salvation Army Echo Grove Camp located in Leonard, Michigan. I'm currently finishing up at Schoolcraft College with the goal is to head to Wayne State University; I am majoring in Special Education with a certificate in Autism Education, with a minor in Psychology and Music Production. I love working with kids, It takes a certain type of person to be able to dedicate their time into investing in kids especially our kids who have special needs and I love every single minute of it and there is no doubt that I have picked the right field to pour my life into. Upon meeting me i'm really shy (always have been that way but im always open and willing to talk once when that friendship has been established) heads up I’m horrible at small talk haha. I'm a Type 5 on the enneagram and i'm a huge introvert so 9 times out of ten if I'm not at work, church, or the gym you can find me rolled up in a cover watching Netflix, Disney Plus, HULU, or any combat sport. My best friends call me an enigma because my mind is never focused on one thing and I love that. After all of that info i am also a Field Advocate for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in the Metro Detroit Area, im on a ton of threads throughout every social media platform you can find to spread the awareness and to let people know that they matter. I'm a huge gamer with my games of choices being smash bros, Mario kart and monopoly, I've logged about 400 hours on those games easily. I love music, with everyone in my family having some type of musical intuition and playing instruments music is a huge part of my life, besides photography it is one of my main methods of expressing myself; with all of my devices combine i have over 300 GB roughly (70,000) songs on my hard drives, I have Apple Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Youtube Music, you name i got it or i know someone who does. There is always a melody going through my head :) I love Marvel, UFC, Boxing, College Wrestling, and CROCS CROCS CROCS CROCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm currently talking to someone, her name is Chloe and she lives in Devizes, England (she’s a sweetheart but she can only beat me in one map on Mario Kart 8)

You can find me at AFS In Plymouth, giving it my all and then some in the Fitness Solution Classes, I'm typically quiet because i'm in the zone when i walk through those doors but please don't let that stop you from sparking up a conversation with me :) Im typically at the 7pm classes going crazy on the punching bags :)

P.S. - I'm an Ohio State fan O-H-I-O, I felt like I had to say that. 

See Ya!!!

• Options
    Angela JohnsonAngela Johnson Member Rank ✭6✭
    edited December 2019

So glad that you shared your story, Yesh! Huge believer of the field you selected to work in 💪🏾🕊🌟

• Options
    Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Welcome @Josh Walker ! Happy to have you here despite your OSU fandom 🤣😉

Sawyer Paull-Baird BS CSCS ACSM-EP PN-Lvl1
    Agent of Change / Fitness Innovation & Education Coordinator