BLND Workshop

Jessica RiceJessica Rice Member Rank ✭5✭

First, I want to say how much I enjoyed the BLND Workshop at AFS last night. I wanted to share a few thoughts and hear what others had to say.

*Best Icebreaker Ever: Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship - Who would have thought it could be so much fun?! Encouragement is so powerful that it can even make a silly activity like Rock-Paper-Scissors into an exciting event.

*The power of values - I've been thinking over the discussion of values since I left the workshop. I don't think I have completely nailed down my list of my top values. However, it is really a great soul-searching activity for examining what is really important to me.

*Community Building - The workshop was a great forum to meet some of the other AFS community. I haven't had the opportunity to have many conversations with other AFS members, beyond the pre-class small talk. It was wonderful to have a discussion about barriers and beneficial performances, and I discovered I have much in common with other members.

I am looking forward to next Tuesday!

Comments

• Bailey Paull-BairdBailey Paull-Baird Member, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin
    edited January 2020

So glad you enjoyed it @Jessica Rice ! =)

• Robert SarnaRobert Sarna Member Rank ✭5✭

Are these workshops recorded? I would've liked to have gone, but I would miss 2 out of the 4 weeks because I have to travel for work 😒

• Mike StackMike Stack Member, Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

@Robert Sarna, no we're not recording the workshops, we wanted to maintain a slightly more private atmosphere and we thought recording could limit the candor and openness. That said, we will be having John and Brooke out for several other events and workshops in the coming months. We also may run this same workshop on a Saturday for 4 hours rather than have it spread out over 4 weeks. That might help with getting more people there. We'll keep you posted. If you are interested in meeting up with Brooke or John separately we can definitely connect you with them. Just let me know.

Michael E. Stack, BS CFP CSCS*D CPS
    AGENT OF CHANGE, CEO, & Exercise Physiologist