Almost cook-off winning Paleo Sweet Potato Chili!
So, I think this ALMOST won AFS Rochester's Chili cookoff :) You can add more spices to taste!
2lbs Grass-fed beef
1 TBS butter
1 small onion chopped fine
4 cloves garlic chopped fine
4 cups chopped sweet potatoes cut in 1inch pieces
1/2 cup celery diced
2 cups crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef broth
2 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
3 TBS chili powder
1 TBS cumin powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp allspice powder
(optional -1/3 cup honey)
- Combine all the spices and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot and cook onions until they begin to turn translucent. Add ground beef and garlic. Cook until meat is browned.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and broth, add spice mixture. Give a good mix, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes to meld flavors.
- Add sweet potatoes and celery, give another good mix, cover and let simmer gently for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add garnish (avocado, sour cream, cilantro) and enjoy!