Options

Favorite Playlists For Indoor Activity

Stephanie CarrollStephanie Carroll Member Rank ✭5✭

I love to workout outdoors--hiking, biking, running, etc. However, sometimes the weather forces me to use the dreaded treadmill or other indoor equipment.

I feel like a great playlist can help boost the monotony of an indoor workout. What are your favorites?

Comments

• Options
    Heather  QuinlanHeather Quinlan Member, Inward Journey Meditation Group Member Rank ✭7✭

I don’t know that I have a favorite playlist, but I do love Spotify! And there are so many workout playlist options there... plus many that I’ve created on my own with songs I love or are inspiring at the moment. :) My current jam is “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo. Or “Good as Hell” by Lizzo. Really... anything by Lizzo.

• Options
    Corinne AlbrechtCorinne Albrecht Member, AFS Staff Rank ✭8✭

If you have Spotify, the "mood" section is top notch for...well, matching your mood! It has some great exercise playlists on there, both general and more specific like if you have particular beat per minute goals, favorite song eras, explicit vs. clean, etc. If you're finding at-home workouts to be monotonous, I'd recommend a high BPM one!

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that video game soundtracks often have some crazy good songs for adrenaline/motivation. Sometimes I find songs with lyrics distracting (I just wanna sing and dance!), so that's my go-to when I need to focus!

• Options
    Beth ManoogianBeth Manoogian Member Rank ✭7✭

If you have a lot of music on your phone, there's an app called PaceDJ in which you can select a certain cadence/tempo and it will search the music library on your phone for songs that match that bpm within a certain range, then play just those songs at random. I've used this before when trying to keep a certain cadence on my Peloton bike, but I have also tried it for running, since if my feet go too fast sometimes I get out of breath too quickly, so it helps me to pace myself better. This might be something to look at if you have a preferred running cadence or like to run to a beat!

• Options
    Angela JohnsonAngela Johnson Member Rank ✭6✭

@Stephanie Carroll: what genre of music do you enjoy?

• Options
    Stephanie CarrollStephanie Carroll Member Rank ✭5✭

@Angela Johnson I like all music--80s, 90s...today....anything to keep me motivated!