My New Quick Convenient Find!!!

Chris EarlyChris Early Member, Practitioner, AFS Staff, Foundations Course Member admin

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to post about my new favorite obsessions. For someone who doesn't meal plan/prep, this has been a life saver! Normally during my day I'll eat protein bars/ shakes ect and I won't plan/ have anything available that is good quality nutrition. For me, this takes the thinking out of the equation and I am able to get in good quality food items.

Healthy Choice makes these power bowls that are low calorie(all UNDER 500), low sodium(around 600mg), and decent amount of protein(18-25g). Let me just say also, they taste SOOO good. They have a good amount of variety as well.

If you are looking for a quick, convenient, high protein/low calorie lunch/dinner I hope this helps in your search.

What are your favorite go to, low calorie high protein meals?

Comments

• Eileen  McNallyEileen McNally Member, Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Yum! I will totally try these! Are these just at Kroger/Meijer?

I honestly love me a tuna salad. Just throw some random veggies I may have in the fridge, chickpeas, and some boathouse dressing and we are good to go.

One that does require *some* prep but is so easy and nutrient dense is getting lean ground turkey, cooking that up and then getting some stir fry veggies (trader joes has the best one - picture attached) and then everything together with your fav pasta sauce. It's delish!

Eileen McNally BS, CPT, RYT 

AGENT OF CHANGE

Applied Fitness Solutions Rochester Hills

• Bella  DiazBella Diaz Member, Practitioner, AFS Staff, Inward Journey Meditation Group Member admin

@Chris Early thanks for sharing!! I have not tried these yet, but they look awesome. I love that they make getting in quality ingredients sooo convenient & simple! Not to mention the variety of food choices & colors are great. More colors = more diverse nutrients :) I'll have to try!

I'm with @Eileen McNally, I love a good stir fry or one pan meal that I can eat throughout the week! My go-to lately has been making a crock-pot or instant pot protein such as Trader Joe's chicken shwarma (if you haven't tried, we are obsessed in my house!), frozen-ready to make in the microwave rice (jasmine, brown rice, buckwheat/quinoa blend, or white... I love em all), & some veggies. Either leftover stir-fry or I make a quick salad! Prepping food doesn't have to be fancy or time-consuming!

Bella Diaz, MS RDN

Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Applied Fitness Solutions

(810) 360-7130 | bella@4afsfit.com

• Tricia NaultTricia Nault Member, AFS Staff Rank ✭7✭

Thanks for reporting on these! I'm terrible at meal prepping, so this will probably help me out a lot. I also like to get the pre-made salads by Dole in the lettuce section at Meijer. They are only about $4.00.

• Bailey Paull-BairdBailey Paull-Baird Member, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

I’ve had these before they are really good!!

• Corinne AlbrechtCorinne Albrecht Member, AFS Staff Rank ✭8✭

#sponsored ? 😂 hahaha, just kidding my friend 😋

but yee I can testify, these are amazing.