Options

Give me an update!

Hey everyone! - Share with me how you are doing on your NCNC!!!

I'm LOVING having a goal to begin the holiday season and not go overboard! I am curious how everyone is doing so far on their Challenge goal. I find when we have to be accountable and tell people how we are doing, it is super helpful to being successful. Here's mine, because honestly, if I don't share it, I seriously think I am going to cave tomorrow LOL!

Last week I nailed it, no problem. 3 nights of "snacking" per week was my goal (usually wine/beer + salty snack).

This week, I "used up" my 3 nights by Thursday (insert baby cry here). I made an awesome dinner tonight so I will feel full and not be as tempted. I am planning on going to be early!

However, tomorrow.... I need to plan ahead. Send some encouragement my way to not cave tomorrow night!

And please let me know how you are doing! I love that we can help each other be successful!

Comments

• Options
    Beth ManoogianBeth Manoogian Member Rank ✭7✭

My goal was to stick with my workout plan - I've completed my 3 Peloton classes for the week and made it to FSx Tuesday 6am on dicey roads after having shoveled heavy snow for 1.5 hours Monday night. Just have to make it to FSx tomorrow AM and SS Sunday but that won't be an issue.

@Heidi Morris if you want to avoid snacking tomorrow you could try my trick of brushing my teeth after dinner so that I won't be tempted to eat more. Brushing my teeth means I'm done eating for the night! You can do this!

• Options
    Heidi MorrisHeidi Morris Member Rank ✭7✭

Thank you @Beth Manoogian ! I made the right choice last night when I really didn't want to :) Hope you are doing well sticking to your plan too!

• Options
    Angela JohnsonAngela Johnson Member Rank ✭6✭

So glad to learn that you made positive choices @Heidi Morris! Just signed up for the NCNC challenge this evening and feel good about the road ahead :-) Appreciate you wanting people to share out their progress!

• Options
    Alyssa RomigAlyssa Romig Member, AFS Staff Rank ✭5✭

Last week was my first week of consistent wake and bedtimes. I did really well on wake ups and I'm going on a 6 day streak! I gave myself Sunday to sleep in :)

Bedtime was a little harder. As the week went on, I went to bed later and later. Hoping to stick to a time for the whole week this week!

• Options
    Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

I was able to be successful in my goal of getting at least 3 workouts in last week. I had to do one at home, but got it in nonetheless.

Great to hear all of the positive updates, but if you're reading this and DIDN'T hit your goal... that's okay too. I am sure there are others out there who have not as well, and sharing the struggles is just as important as the successes.

Looking forward to a great week 1 of the challenge here. If you haven't already check out the video for the week that was just posted.

Sawyer Paull-Baird BS CSCS ACSM-EP PN-Lvl1
    Agent of Change / Fitness Innovation & Education Coordinator
  • Options
    Heidi MorrisHeidi Morris Member Rank ✭7✭

@Sawyer Paull-Baird I agree all the way about sharing your struggles. AMEN. We all need to know we are not alone, in the wins, AND the losses. Not hitting goals is definitely not something you should get down on yourself and dwell on, but use them as research! Take a minute to reflect on why you didn't meet your goal. Then adjust from the knowledge you gain from yourself :) Set a new goal or keep working on achieving that original one.

I am so encouraged by this challenge, I hope there is a plan for a December challenge too!