Not a question...but gratitude

Aimee TinkhamAimee Tinkham Member Rank ✭6✭

Hi! I have been in a funky state of mind as of late. I was scrolling my Instagram feed and came across one of the woman I follow who is in the fitness industry. She started a challenge for November or rather a daily reminder to be THANKFUL. To post or write down one thing you are thankful for everyday. I thought this is such a simple yet effective way to change my mindset. I also though maybe others are struggling too! Thus this post! Join me in being thankful each day! Post below or wrote it somewhere you can see it. I hope this helps you as much as it’s helping me!

Today I am thankful to have this forum and all of you for support!

Best Answer

Answers

• Nate LangleyNate Langley Member, Administrator, Moderator, AFS Staff admin

Thankful you’re here @Aimee Tinkham!!

• Kim GoodfellowKim Goodfellow Member, Foundations Course Member Rank ✭5✭

Love this!!! Today I am thankful for the view- everyone complains about snow but sometimes just stepping back to enjoy how beautiful it looks.

• Jenny GordonJenny Gordon Member Rank ✭4✭

Today I am thankful for the fall season with all its colors and amazing seasonal attributes! This mornings view of the snow was all it took for me to realize how quick the fall season passes. This is what I saw this morning when I woke up and looked outside! My plants will be coming in today, hopefully I can save them.

• Aimee TinkhamAimee Tinkham Member Rank ✭6✭

@Jenny GordonI hope you can save your plants as well!! I agree, fall goes by way too fast. It’s my favorite season!

• Heidi MorrisHeidi Morris Member Rank ✭7✭

I love this thankfulness thread! @Andrew Anderlie I am glad I ran into you at Target to share the love of Spindrift :) And, I second the enjoying the children thing! I watch my daughter Bella skate for 15 minutes every day before I have to leave to pick up her brothers from school, and I know that so quickly she will be grown and gone, so to be thankful I have this time and not waste it on getting errands done. At her age, most parents stop coming in and watching their kids practice, but I want to remember this moment in her life and be thankful I get to be her mom 💛

• Shaina TinseyShaina Tinsey Member Rank ✭5✭

I just got off a call with my boss, and I am feeling very grateful to have have a leader that supports my growth and development. We're undergoing a lot of change at work, and I know that she values me and my contributions and is committed to making sure I get what I want and need out of the changes that are coming. As an extension of that, I am also thankful to have several strong, brilliant women that can mentor me in my work. Some of them have kids like I do, some don't, some have strong passions outside of work, some spend wayyy too many hours working. I learn something different from each of them though.

• Tricia NaultTricia Nault Member, AFS Staff Rank ✭7✭

I'm thankful for this community! :)

• Stephanie CarrollStephanie Carroll Member Rank ✭5✭

It's so easy to get caught up in complaining! Thanks for the reminder. I am so thankful for AFS and their extraordinary vision.

• Chris EarlyChris Early Member, Practitioner, AFS Staff, Foundations Course Member admin

Love this. I try to practice gratitude everyday, and when I don't I can see a big difference in performance, how I respond to people, and my general happiness. Thank you so much for the friendly reminder. When I do this, I try to look for things that don't normally happen/ not the same things. For example, someone holding the door open for me, or gratitude for someone else's selflessness. It reminds me to be/ act selfless and in turn I have more joy/ purpose.

I’m agree Chris. I find when I’m not practicing gratitude or just general feelings of happiness, my performance suffers and my overall well-being. Taking a few seconds to find gratitude or a happy thought does wonders!

• Heather  QuinlanHeather Quinlan Member, Inward Journey Meditation Group Member Rank ✭7✭

I'm a little late to this awesome gratitude chain (and I could write a list a mile long), but today I'm thankful for AFS and my #FitFam. There are many reasons why I'm thankful for them, but one that sticks out right now is that when I'm there... I am ME. Sometimes that's sarcastic (OK, maybe that's more than sometimes), sometimes that's sharing all the thoughts or ideas running through my head (brother @Nate Langley is my ultimate sounding board), sometimes that's sentimental (words are my love language... and I think everyone there knows it by now lol).... but every time, no matter the mix, I'm vulnerably me in that building with those people. And that might sound silly, but I think we all have struggled at some point in our lives (or still do) with the perception of who we "need" or "should" be around certain people. But I know that when I'm there and around those people I love, I don't have to be anyone but who I am. I couldn't be more grateful. 💙

• Kemper SosaKemper Sosa Member, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Just coming off of my birthday celebration, I am so grateful for the people in my life and how much they care for me. Often times we go about our day checking off boxes and completing tasks in hopes we achieve this goal of "success" and/or "fulfillment". Sometimes all we need to do is look around and take note of the relationships we already have in order to fulfill those goals.

#gratitude.

Kemper Sosa

Agent of Change & General Manager

BS, CPT, CSCS, ACSM Exercise Physiologist

Happy Birthday @Kemper Sosa

I agree! Stop, look and listen! We all get so caught up in the day to day. It’s an amazing thing to sit back and take it all in!

• Emily FreemanEmily Freeman Member Rank ✭2✭

I am thankful to be surrounded by amazing, wonderful, inspirational people who support me whether it's in a career, unexpected learning opportunities, or in life. Having a positive support base is super important

• Nate LangleyNate Langley Member, Administrator, Moderator, AFS Staff admin

@Heather Quinlan you have just described the thing about AFS that I'm most proud of! I want people to feel the heft of their "layers" lifted off of their shoulders when they come through that door. Really appreciate you sharing that <3

• Angela JohnsonAngela Johnson Member Rank ✭6✭

@Aimee Tinkham: Very cool!

I am grateful for the privilege to have a place to live + warmth <3 Especially in the winter months.