AFS TV Launch & Feedback

Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin
edited October 2020 in Exercise

Hello everyone!

As many of you may have heard, today we launched https://www.afs-tv.com/!

We are super excited about what this means for our future virtual offerings, both workouts and otherwise.

Please use this thread to share your thoughts or feedback on anything you like, or areas for improvement.

Thanks!

PS- To gain access check the email associated with your AFS account. You should have received an email from Vimeo early in the morning on Monday 10-5. Click that, and be sure to set your password. If you didn't receive an email despite being an AFS client, let me know (Sawyer@4afsfit.com).

Sawyer Paull-Baird BS CSCS ACSM-EP PN-Lvl1
Agent of Change / Fitness Innovation & Education Coordinator

Comments

• Peter SchultzPeter Schultz Member Rank ✭5✭

I can't say I've really used it yet, but I love how it's organized into different categories. Makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for!

• Erin McLaughlinErin McLaughlin Member Rank ✭3✭

From a visual perspective the branding is gorgeous!!

I did have to go search for Eileen’s 8am meditation yesterday (which was simple) but was looking/hoping for a prompt to take me there from the homepage.

it’s beautiful, team. Local gyms that I know of are simply doing like a zoom webinar or something for their virtual offering. This is awesome, well done.

• Peter SchultzPeter Schultz Member Rank ✭5✭

Actually, one thing I noticed - I was looking for Brook and Katelyn's workout from yesterday, but it doesn't show up when I browse the circuit workouts. I had to use the link posted in the Facebook group.

• Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Erin, there is a way for us to make newly uploaded videos more prominent on the featured carousel. I will make sure our team knows how to do that when uploading.

Peter, I had changed a setting in our system to ensure all newly uploaded videos are placed in the beginning of their respective categories, but when I went in and looked for Brook and Katelyn's workout, it was at the end of the category for some reason. I know it was working for other videos this week. I will keep an eye on that and it it appears to be working inconsistently, I will reach out to our support team.

Really appreciate the feedback!

• Beth ManoogianBeth Manoogian Member Rank ✭7✭

A couple of things that I really appreciated:

-Having the workouts divided into different categories

-That the exercises for the strength workouts are listed in the notes for the class

The second one is really important because I took Chris's 60 min dumbbell resistance workout last week and the class for some reason stopped working right as I started abs, so I was able to just consult that list and figure out what the last two exercises were!

One thing that might be cool would be a downloadable strength solutions sheet with the exercises to go along with the strength workouts so we can keep track of reps as we go along? I just wrote them on a sheet of paper as I went along but it just feels less official, because if you don't write your reps in your Strength Solutions folder, did they really happen? :)

• Sawyer Paull-BairdSawyer Paull-Baird Administrator, Moderator, Practitioner, AFS Staff admin
    edited October 2020

Thanks, Beth. Good feedback. We'll think on that suggestion =).